Saturday, October 25, 2008

Picture of Finland


In the picture there is non-Finnish person, propably American wearing hat with Finland's flag and name of Finnish Formula driver Räikkönen. This is the first Non-Finn wearing Finnish things I have seen here.

More broadly, I have tried to listen what kind of picture Kansasian people have from Finland. And here is some list I have noted: They make good guns and tractors, brand Valmet (a barkeeper), They have high quality of life and they fish a lot (a geography student), Ville Valo is from Finland (many people), when I ask if they know Nightwish, many knows, but don't know as often that it is from Finland also.

What comes to Finns I think many people kind of like Finns here, or at least nobody haven't said they wouldn't like Finns. What I have heard about myself is that I'm not easily approachable and I'm too quiet and too serious. I didn't like that this is how many people view me here, since I have all time here put effort of being easily approachable, tried to talk to people and tried to meet many new people. But maybe the reservedness of Finnish culture is so deeply rooted in me that I just can't get rid of it even if I wanted. But on the positive side, I feel I have got more courage here in social situations, because people are much more easily approachable and welcoming than in Finland. They are not as closed groups in here as they are in Finland.

No comments: