Saturday, October 25, 2008

Hostadoptionfamily


First orientation days there were possibility to register to get a host/friendship/guest family for international students. I weren't present when the this possibility was offered and didn't fill any forms. But I still went to this hostfamily meeting with one of my Chinese friend Miya and some of her other friends.

Everyone else was registered so I was put on hold and had to wait alone outside of the others on a chair. I was the only orphan. Then the arranging persons said I could go to hang out with some family and I went to sit with Miya and her hostfamily. The Miya's hostfamily didn't seem too excited about me and luckily the arranging person announced that I was without hostfamily and then one woman said I could come to her another gueststudent. The woman was Marianne, who now was my new hostadoptionfamily's mother. In the family there was, addition to Marianne, son Jack, daughter Anna, daughter Rosa and the other gueststudent Janice from Taiwan, whom I already knew. At the picture there is from left to right: Jack, Anna, artist and Doctor Smith from Spanish language, Marianne and Rosa.

When I was lingered for a while with my new hostadoptionfamily I felt I was very lucky to get such an wonderful and lovely family. Everyone of the family was very friendly, nice, kind and intelligent. I could have not even wished for a better hostadoptionfamily! I'm very grateful how the things went and that I got the one I got. I'm the second Finn in their family, they had student named Anne, also from Jyväskylä, before me.

I have already been watching presidential debates, visited art gallery opening, concert and Art Walk with the family and there is plans to go to art museum in Kansas City. I have heard from my friends that some families don't even have had the effort to make first meeting after introducion.

I was very hesitant and bit afraid first at going to the introducion meeting because I hadn't registered, but I'm so very happy I did!

No comments: